Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Woo Hoo!

Jackson had his weight check at the doctors office today. He gained a little over a pound! Yay Jackson! So, now at 19 pounds 2 ounces he is back on the growth chart in the 1 percentile. I try not to hold a lot of stock in the growth chart, but it does make me feel better that he is at least on it. Dr. Jennie said he exceeded her expectations! Of course he always exceeds my expectations. We are so proud of our little cubby! Dr. Jennie say maybe soon we can stop coming in every month. That would be great. We have his 15 month check up in about 2 1/2 weeks, so hopefully after that we wont have to go back until his next check up.

I feel fine with where Jackson is, but I'm still working on not letting it upset me when other people say things about how small he is. People will ask if he can sit up and are suprised he can stand up and even walk. They will tell me how their child was 18 pounds at 6 months. I just want to say Thank you, that is really helpful! Mine isn't! I don't think he is THAT small. He looks like a toddler to me, with a toddler body, just a bit smaller. I need to not let little comments bother me and not care so much what people think.

Mommy and Daddy love you so much Jackson! We think you are perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Jackson! Try not to feel bad when people say things. If he was chunky, they'd comment on that, too. I get the opposite..."My child was 18 lbs at 3 years old!" Uh...okay. I actually get a kick out of seeing people amazed at what Katelyn does, thinking that she is younger. But I do get tired of saying, "She's 2...she was a preemie" to explain it every time. Regardless of what people say, Jackson is perfect just the way he is!

    ReplyDelete