Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Painting with Jackson

Last week Jackson and I had craft time and painted some pictures for Mimi’s birthday. (Just getting around to posting it- oops) Jackson LOVED painting. We might have a Picasso on our hands! He did not want me to help. He could do it himself! (Hmm, I wonder where he gets that from?) I bought  thin canvases from Blick and washable paint and frames from Target.

First, we painted our backgrounds.

DSC_0002 

DSC_0009

DSC_0015

Then we had to let them dry before we could move on. Jackson was not happy about this. He wanted to keep painting.

Finally, when they were dry, we got to the fun part! Jackson used his handprints and fingerprints to make a fish painting and a fall tree painting.  Silly Mommy messed up and used the wrong backgrounds for the wrong pictures. The fish were supposed to swim in BLUE water, not yellow! Oops!

DSC_0024

Here are our finished paintings.

DSC_0032

DSC_0031

We even made a card with Jackson’s hand and foot prints but I forgot to take a picture of it.

We hope Mimi liked her birthday presents!  Jackson sure had fun making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment