Tonight for the first time, Jackson peed in the potty!!! He has been really interested in the potty lately. One of his favorite books is The Potty Book. We read it multiple times a day. He also has to join mommy in the bathroom to see what goes on. And at Target when we pass the potties, he gets excited and wants to grab them. Not to mention, Jackson has heard me say “Pee pee goes in the potty”, “poo poo goes in the potty” about a million times. I started saying that too him well before his first birthday.
Not wanting to pass up this opportunity when he was interested I figured I would get him a potty and see what happened. I ended up having to order one because I could not find the one I wanted at the store. (I know it’s just a potty, I’m crazy) It was at our front door when we came home today. At bath time I thought I would sit Jackson on the potty and see what he thought. He sat for a second and wanted to look inside. I was of course trying to take a picture, so I sat him back on it and said “pee pee goes in the potty”. He sat for a bit again and got up trying to look inside. We both looked and there was pee pee in the potty! I stared screaming for Daddy and he came up to look too. We made a really big deal about it and poured his deposit into the big toilet. He looked so proud of himself!
I’m not sure if it was just a coincidence or if he really knew or is even really ready to potty train. But, I know I am SO proud of him!!! We’ll see what happens the next few days. I don’t want to do too much since I will be gone all weekend.
No pics since this is so public, but if it were just his baby book there would definitely be pics!
~~~~~~~~~~
Jackson and I spent the night with Grammy last night. Then today we went to see Mimi and Uncle Josh. We ate a restaurant in Chattanooga that makes really good pancakes. It is very bohemian and vintage and I don’t even know how to describe it. Matt used to take me there before we got married.
~~~~~~~~~
In triathlon news, I rode my bike for the first time tonight. I thought the bike would not be a big deal. Not quite. I definitely need more practice. I rode about 4 miles and my legs felt like noodles when I was done. I have also never ridden a 8 speed before, so I need to figure all the gears out. Also, not a good idea to train after eating dinner. I felt pretty nauseous after that. Lesson learned!
Thanks for listening reading all the mommy gloating! We are so proud of our little cubby!
(Speaking of cubbys, we saw a bear at Grammy’s house. Pretty cool!)
I'm impressed that Jackson is interested in the potty so young, good luck! Great job on the bike too, I'd be dying I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteQuestion: how did you get your blog name to appear on all your pictures?
Way to go, Jackson!! Wow! I know how exciting that is for mommy & daddy, too!
ReplyDelete