Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Mr. Independent

Whenever Daddy has a glass of water Jackson loves to drink out of it like a big boy. In the bath Jackson likes to drink out of his play cups. And he likes to lean over and drink the bath water like a dog. (Please tell me I am not the only one who’s child drinks the bath water.)

So, I thought maybe I should get Jackson a big boy cup to practice drinking out of.  I also got him some spoons to practice eating with.

cup5

Today was the big day to try out his new cup and spoon!

He loved drinking out of his cup!

cup1

cup2

cup3 

I love his face in this one, so I had to include it.

cup4

Overall Jackson did great drinking out of the cup. Aside from a some dribbles down his front (hence the towel) he didn’t spill at all. He didn’t even dump the cup over or throw it like he does his sippy. I’m not ready to get rid of the sippy cups, but I thinks it’s good for him to practice drinking from a real cup and he loves being a big boy.

After our cup trial, I let him try his new spoon with some yogurt. That didn’t excite Jackson as much.

spoon1

But, soon he caught on and did really good.

spoon4

spoon3

spoon2

I really liked these spoons because they are easy for him to hold and the food clings to the spoon so he doesn’t have to scoop it up too.  He can just dip it in the food. And they have a guard so he can’t gag himself.

My baby is growing up too fast!

We also went to story time today at a local bookstore.  Jackson had lots of fun, but he has become so shy lately. He hides his face when anyone talks to him and clings to Mommy. We met one of my friends from work there. After a moment of shyness, he reached up and wanted her to hold him. I guess he liked her. Then he tried to hug her 2 year old little girl. My little Romeo!

1 comment:

  1. I've tried spoons before, and that has gone okay, but I end up taking over because otherwise, she'd be perfectly content to not take any bites of anything. You inspired me to try a cup with her today, and it was a bit of a challenge! Maybe Jackson can teach her! I hope we can get together for some regular playdates this summer!

    ReplyDelete