I think I just did the craziest, stupidest thing of my entire life! I signed up for a triathlon!! And HOLY MOLY it’s in 7 1/2 weeks!! I’m not sure what I was thinking, but I’m excited! It is the Acworth Women's Sprint Triathlon. It consists of a 400 yard swim, 13 mile bike course and 5K run. It is on Sunday, August 7th if you are local and want to cheer me on. I will need all the support I can get!! I hope I will just finish the race without throwing up, passing out or dying!!
I have been arguing with myself about this for a week and I can’t let it go. So, I am just going to go for it! For some reason, I have felt the need to challenge myself and I think this will do it! And hopefully it will help me get rid of those last 12 pounds and get in better shape. I will feel so proud of myself when I cross that finish line!
Today I started my training. I took Jackson in the jogging stroller for a 3 mile run/walk at our favorite park. It actually felt really good to get out and run. And I am SO not a runner. Or a swimmer or biker for that matter.
Wow! I would totally do it with you if only it didn't involve any running, swimming, or biking. Ha ha! Good for you, Alissa!!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! You will do GREAT! Can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDelete