Today Jackson had another weight check at the doctors office. If he didn’t gain weight today, the doctor was going to start running tests. Well, Jackson just scraped by. He gained a few ounces, he was 18 pounds 1.5 ounces and 28 1/4 inches. Dr. Jennie was pleased with that, she said she didn’t expect him to gain a lot, she was just looking for a gain. We were really worried he would not have gained because he has barely been eating the last 2 weeks. All he has been doing is drinking his milk and maybe eating a few bites of food. But, Monday he started eating good again. Dr. Jennie was glad he could gain even if he didn’t eat good. (My secret confession is I was putting a bit of heavy cream in his milk :p I did ask and Dr. Jennie said that was ok to do.) So, no testing for now. I asked if we should see a gastroenterologist or endocrinologist anyway. She said if I wanted to it was fine, but she was happy. I have already talked to a few doctors at work, but I guess we will hold off for now. Dr. Jennie said she has seen lots of kids turn around at this age and catch up. So, we are hoping that will happen with Jackson. I have to remember I see the worst cases at work and the doctor sees normal kids. So, I have to trust that she knows what to do. We go in one month for another check. Keep up the good work Jackson! Mommy knows you can eat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad he doesn't need the tests as of right now! But at least you know (in case that changes) that the GI doctor we saw & the one you know is AWESOME. Fantastic bedside manner and very knowledgeable. Keep up the eating, Jackson!!
ReplyDelete