Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another doctor…

Jackson had his allergist appointment yesterday. I was nervous about it because I was sick all weekend with a stomach bug and hadn’t eaten in almost 3 days. I was afraid I would pass out or something. But I actually felt pretty good. I was also nervous about the allergy testing. I have had it done and it was not fun. Lots of itching. Not to mention the scratches for the testing.

My big boy did great! He was kinda sleepy because it was during his nap time. The doctor only wanted to test for milk, eggs and peanuts. I was ok with that because it meant less scratches than I was planning. I was shocked with the results. There was one big red mark on his back that I was sure was milk. Nope. It was eggs! The one thing I was not worried about, he is actually allergic to. So, the doctor said he could go ahead and start drinking cow’s milk and maybe even peanut butter. Eggs he was kind of unclear about. I wasn’t sure if he has had anything with eggs in it. He didn’t eat his birthday cake. I’m guessing if he has had eggs, it was only a few bites. But the doctor said definitely nothing with visible egg until he is 2 and to have him retested first. Things with eggs in it like baked goods, he wasn’t sure if Jackson could eat or not since I didn’t know if he has had it before. I think we’ll take the safe route and just do no eggs at all. I will talk to Dr. Jennie about it at our next appointment in a couple weeks too.

The good thing: no more formula! Yay! I hate mixing formula and PAYING for formula! But, of course I do whatever is best for the cubby.  We are still finishing up the can of formula so, I will give Jackson milk here in the next few days. Hope he likes it!

No pics again. I know I’m lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment