Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 17, 2011

12 months

Yesterday Jackson went for his 12 month checkup.  Just as I expected, he did not grow as much as we had hoped. He is 17lbs 15 oz (1%) and 27.5 in (2%). His head as usual is normal at 46cm (39%).  If you look at his weight and height on the sidebar, you will see it’s not very different from his 9 month visit. So, as Dr. Jennie said he is a small baby with a big head. She still does not think anything is wrong with Jackson, and I agree. We just need to keep a close eye on him and make sure he is growing. That means we are back to monthly visits at the doctors.  I tried regular milk formula about a month or so ago to see if he had outgrown his milk allergy. He did great for about a week then had the worst eczema outbreak he has ever had. Followed by it getting infected. Because of that Dr. Jennie didn’t want to go to whole milk as most babies do at 12 months. And because soy milk doesn’t have enough fat, we are doing soy toddler formula. Dr. Jennie said she almost never recommends that, but we have no choice. She also wants us to see an allergist. Given his history with milk and possibly nuts, she wants us to pinpoint what he is allergic to. I didn’t think we would be able to get an appointment soon, but when I called they could see him next Thursday. I am not really looking forward to the skin test. I have had it done and it was not fun. But, it will be good to know exactly what he is allergic to. That will give me some peace of mind.

While we were checking out of the doctors, Jackson waved to the lady at the front desk. I have been trying to get him to wave and that was the first time he did it. I totally wasn’t expecting it, he just waved then hid in my shoulder acting all shy.  It was really cute. He had to make up for all the screaming he did in the exam room. It wasn’t really his fault. The appointment was during his nap time, so he was REALLY cranky.

Another first happened yesterday. Jackson took a step by himself! He was standing in front of the TV watching his baby channel and he walked sideways for a step or two then realized what he was doing and fell down. Today he took another step by himself while he was cruising. I don’t think he will be walking by himself for another few weeks though. I am proud of his baby steps!

Today mysteriously all of Jackson’s bottles disappeared. ;) So, we were forced to use sippy cups all day. It went much better than I expected. He even ate really well! Yay Jackson! My only worry was bedtime. He still falls asleep drinking his bottle while I rock him. He did great! It was touch and go for a minute, he didn’t like the new sippy I bought him. But, once we used the sippy he was used to he drank all of his milk and went to sleep easily.

Sorry for the long post and no pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I remember thinking at his birthday party that he looked small for his age, but then I just assumed I was wrong. Who wants to be like everyone else anyway, right? And Jackson must have a lot of brains, just like Katelyn! I think worrying about their size is universal for mothers. Miranda stresses over Joshua being a picky eater, but he has always been in the 90th+ percentiles. I can't imagine where we would all fall on the charts as adults, so assuming babies should all be the same weight & height is silly. Slap some butter on everything he eats and he'll continue to be perfect whatever size he is!

    ReplyDelete