I finally finished my 1st quilt! It only took me oh about NINE months! When I was 8 months pregnant my mom handed me a bag of fabric and a quilt pattern and said “I bought this before you were pregnant but I didn’t get it made. Maybe you can make it before Jackson comes.” Hmm. That didn’t happen. When Jackson was about 2 months old, my mom came over and helped me cut out the squares. It didn’t take me very long to sew the top of the quilt. What took so long was that I decided to HAND quilt it. I love the look of messy little stitches, especially for a baby quilt. I guess it wouldn’t have taken me so long, except that I put it away for a few months. But, I got it back out and was determined to finish it before Jackson’s 1st birthday.
It’s not perfect, but I am pretty pleased. And its gender neutral so any future brothers and/or sisters can use it too. Jackson approves it. He has already been playing peek-a-boo with it.
Remember the tricycle Mimi got Jackson for Christmas (I think I showed it on the Christmas post).(O0ps! I just looked back and I forgot to show you a picture of Mimi's tricycle! Imagine these pics but with the yellow handle folded down underneath to make it a rocker. That's how he has been riding up until now.) The one that his feet didn’t quite reach the foot rests. Well, now his feet reach and he loves riding his “motorcycle”. It rocks, which he did before. It changes into a push toy, that I can push him on. And later it handle comes off and he can peddle himself. I can’t believe he has grown enough since Christmas to reach the footrests. He likes to stand on them and jump start his motorcycle (that’s our cue to start pushing him!) We go round and round the kitchen/living room/ dining room. Over and over and over! He does not get tired of it. We get loud growls from the cub if we stop!
Only real men can pull of riding a motorcycle in green Thomas pjs and with a paci!
No comments:
Post a Comment