When I was pregnant with Jackson, before we knew he was a boy, we started calling him our little bean. We didn’t want to call him an “it”, so we just said “the bean”. Then, for my push present, Matt got me a necklace from Tiffany’s in the shape of a silver bean. It was very sweet. Well, Jackson is still our little bean. Yesterday I took him for his 6 month check up. I am always happy and sad about his checkups. I want to see how big he is, but I am afraid he’s not growing enough. And I’m sad that he has to get his shots. This visit was no different. He was 15 lbs 12.5oz and 25 1/4 inches. That puts him in the 20th percentile for weight and 12th percentile for height. The pediatrician didn’t seen overly concerned since he is trending about the same. But, we have only seen her twice. Once when I thought he had an ear infection and this time. Even though she has his old chart from the other pediatrician, I don’t think she realized he used to be in the 50th percentile. At least until his 4 month visit. Then he dropped. Granted he is still gaining. He doesn’t look unhealthy. I think he started not gaining as much when I went back to work and he didn’t like to eat. But, now he has adjusted. He eats great. So, I don’t understand why he isn’t gaining more. I feel like a momma failure that I don’t have this chubby baby boy like every one else seems to. I know I am making a bigger deal out of this than I should. He’s fine and I know that. I guess I just don’t want other people to think I don’t take good care of him. Anyway, we have another appointment in a month to check his weight again. I talked to the doctor about switching to formula. I am getting tired of pumping all day. But, formula scares me because of his milk protein allergy. I know there are formulas for that, I just don’t want his tummy to hurt while we find the right formula. Hopefully, all will go well and the switch will be easy. OK. I am done with my mommy guilt ranting!
Today, Jackson didn’t feel 100%. This is him resting on my bed while I folded laundry. He just laid there watching his baby channel. I know he didn’t feel good because he wasn’t kicking and putting everything in his mouth.
Speaking of his mouth, Jackson has TWO teeth! They popped through last Friday. We had one bad night, but that was about it. I tried to get a picture of his little teethies, but I couldn’t get him to open his mouth long enough to take his picture. I’ll have to try again when they come through a little more.
Tuesday was Mimi’s birthday. We all met at Longhorn’s in Calhoun to celebrate.
The cubby was very interested in Uncle Josh. He kept grabbing his arm and his shirt.
Then the cubby tried to eat Mimi!
And Mimi got some munches in on him!
Joshua, Alissa, Matthew and Jackson...Thank you so much for the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
ReplyDelete