Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

He’s a cowboy ba-by!

Or a biker dude. Lately Jackson has been sitting  in his bouncy seat with his thumbs through the strap that holds him in (like it was his belt loops) and kicking his legs at the same time.Not a great description, but he looks like he’s riding a horse. No, I don’t have a picture. I will have to try to get one. He also looks like a motorcycle biker. His left leg is constantly kicking! I call it his kick start leg. Now I know what all that wild kicking that way going on in my belly was about!

Last week Mimi came over to visit.  I actually had a Sunday off of work and Matt and I were planning to take a day trip somewhere together. Mimi was going to watch Jackson so Mommy and Daddy could have some time together. But, it didn’t work out. Daddy had to go in to work. Mimi still came over in the afternoon to see Jackson and we all went to have dinner when Matt got home.

Jackson showed Mimi how he can sit on the couch like a big boy.DSC_0082b He like Mimi giving him his bottle.

DSC_0093 

He was too busy smiling at Mimi to eat his applesauce!

DSC_0098

I have been working on something to put over Jackson’s crib. Here is a sneak peak. I will post more pictures when I finish it.

DSC_0003

Jackson oversaw the project. He was very specific about what he wanted.

DSC_0002

This is what Jackson looks like most of the time. Drooling and neck wet…

DSC_0005

After his dislike of the jarred applesauce I made him some homemade applesauce. It was soo yummy! There is a huge difference in homemade and store bought. It definitely reaffirmed my decision to make Jackson’s food. It was super easy and cheap. Jackson loved mommy’s applesauce! I even had some too! Next I made pears. They were good, but a little grainy. After that, I decided to do orange vegetables. We started with squash. Again, it was super easy to make and so yummy!

Jackson gobbled it up! He even smiled after his first bite instead of spitting it out, like he does with new tastes. He smacked his lips between bites.

DSC_0008

This weekend while I was at work he wouldn’t eat for Daddy. I guess he only likes to eat for me! Or maybe it’s that I’m meaner and make him eat.  Yesterday when I fed him he acted like he forgot how to eat over the weekend and didn’t like the squash anymore. So, tonight I mixed the squash with some rice cereal and he liked it again.

DSC_0010

Next I plan on making sweet potatoes and then carrots. After that I think we will do green vegetables. I saved green for last because I am less certain how to make them.

I’ll try not to just post pictures of him with different colors food on his face!

This week Matt and I are working on getting our house up for sale. We have a real estate agent coming over on Friday to look at our house. Pray that we are able to sell the house quickly! We really need to be out by November.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were selling your house so soon! Do you know where you want to move to? Oh, and make sure that Jackson doesn't tell Katelyn that his mommy makes his food. She might expect me to do that for her!

    ReplyDelete